Friday, July 20, 2007

Sen. McCain deserves thanks for work


From yesterday's 'Arizona Republic':

"While I don't think a majority of Americans agreed with the
immigration proposal Sens. Edward Kennedy and John McCain tried to pass, it is
clear most Americans think something must be done to stop illegals crossing our
border.I was against the so called "amnesty" bill because other things can be
done to stop these people from destroying our state. I admire and appreciate
Sen. McCain for trying to get something done instead of sitting by and waiting
on someone else to handle the problem.The bill may have contained language we
didn't approve of, but McCain was trying to craft a plan that a partisan Senate
would act favorably upon. If anything is to be done by this Senate, then it must
include ideas from Republicans as well as the Democrats. I thank McCain, for
trying to advance an issue that few people in leadership have cared enough to
address. I thank him for being willing to sacrifice for the sake of our state
and country. And I thank him for taking heat from people nationwide because he
stood fast to his principles
."

- Brenda Langston,Tempe

No comments: