Tuesday, January 23, 2007

A Letter from Nathan Sproul...


This Just in....


From: Nathan Sproul [nathan@sproulassociates.com] Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 3:15 PM
To: nathan@sproulassociates.com
Subject: FW: Misrepresentations

Dear State Committee Member:

I believe it is important to share with you an email correspondence I have had with Randy Pullen. This email is one of the many reasons why I can't support Randy Pullen for AZGOP Chairman. For those of you who don't know me, I served as Executive Director of the Arizona Republican Party from 1999-2002. I have run my own political consulting company since 2003 and have worked for well over 100 clients in 23 states. My consulting company is 100% Republican. I have had the distinct honor of working on the campaigns of many good Republicans including Trent Franks, Andy Thomas, and Len Munsil.

I was troubled this morning when I read
www.espressopundit.com and saw Randy Pullen’s response to a simple question. He was asked why he financially supported Democrat candidates Harry Mitchell and Paul Johnson against two Republican candidates in a partisan race. One race was for State Senate and one was Governor. Instead of admitting that he made a mistake, he used two excuses to minimize the contributions.

1) He was a lobbyist and that is just the way it is done.
2) He has raised so much for Republicans that these contributions “pale in comparison.”

I guess the Republicans who endorsed Janet Napolitano over Len Munsil could have said that their endorsement of Napolitano “pales in comparison” to all the endorsements they have made for Republicans.

However, the fact that was most troubling to me was his claim that he “helped raise over $2,000,000” for the AZGOP in 2000 as Co-Chair of the Finance Committee. I was Executive Director for the AZGOP in 2000, so I knew from first-hand experience that his claim was demonstrably false. I have attached our email correspondence from today. Randy Pullen’s response is stunning. He admits that he played a very minor role in fundraising in 2000. Yet, in his public response on expression and in many emails that I have seen, he claims that he “helped raise over $2,000,000” for the AZGOP. By that logic, Al Gore helped invent the internet and Janet Napolitano helped cut taxes and secure the border.

It is true that Randy Pullen volunteered to become Co-Finance Chairman. It is also true that he attended two meetings and wrote a $1,000 check. Beyond that, I don’t know of one dollar that came into the State Party because of Randy Pullen. But, in his public comments he wants people to believe that he was a central figure in raising $2,000,000. He simply didn’t do what he claims.
I know from working at the Party for three years that you don’t “help” raise money. You either do it or you don’t.

Randy Pullen doesn't have a track record of raising money. That is troubling enough. But, what is far more troubling is that Randy Pullen seems willing to mislead the State Committee into believing that he is something that he isn't. How many more misrepresentations from Randy Pullen are out there?

The job of State Chairman is too important. Please don't vote for someone who appears willing to misrepresent himself. As I said in my letter to Randy, if we can't trust him to shoot straight with us now, how can we trust him to shoot straight with us if he becomes Chairman?

Nathan Sproul
Sproul and Associates


2 comments:

Tony GOPrano said...

Maricopa Isn't Evil said...
I hesitate to post here again because nobody else does. I'm not sure if I'm the only person reading this blog or not?

Mr. Evil,

This Blog receives an average of 500 hits a day, so its' being read.

Framer said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.