Monday, August 27, 2012

REP. PAUL GOSAR - Standing Up for You



Standing Up for You

Dear Friend,

As I have been busy traveling through our great state this month, many people have asked me about what the biggest issues facing our nation are.

From bringing jobs back to Arizona, to controlling Washington's spending problem and fighting to repeal the government takeover of health care—I wanted to share with you the 12 key issues I addressed this year.

"A Look Back at the Twelve Key Issues I Addressed"

Congressman Gosar heading to the House floor.

• Repeal Obamacare; Pursue Patient-Centered Care

• Stop the Tax Hikes

• Reverse Obama’s Spending Increases

• Scrap the Current U.S. Tax Code; Replace It with a Flat Tax

• Pass a Balanced Budget Amendment

• Reject Cap and Trade

• Reign in the EPA

• Unleash America’s Vast Energy Potential

• Eliminate the Department of Education

• Reduce the Bloated Federal Workforce

• Curbing Burdensome Regulations

• Audit the Fed
Please click here to read the full details on the issues I have been fighting for.
Boy, Do We Get Mail
Since January of 2011, my office and I have received over 170,140 letters from constituents. This is great news. I have always encouraged everyone to share their ideas on how we can find solutions to the problems that face our country.



You can always write to my office, or email me
by clicking here.

My office and I are answering your questions and concerns at a rate on par with a Senatorial office, as we receive an average of over 2,000 letters a week. With an average response time of 8 days, I remain committed to being open and accessible.

Here are the top four mail topics I have received and responded to:


Mail TopicNumber of Letters Received
Budget and National Debt14,359
Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid13,855
Environmental13,347
Illegal Immigration/ Border Security 8,983

I encourage you to please pick up that pen, send an email, or give my office a call to continue to let me know what issues are on your mind. I look forward to hearing from you.
Taking Your Questions with Senator McCain and Congressman Flake in Yuma
This week I joined Senator McCain and Congressman Flake for a town hall in Yuma. With questions ranging from Obamacare to border security, we had great audience participation. To read more about the town hall, and to see what my colleagues and I had to say about immigration and Obamacare
please click here.



Discussing the president's use of de facto amnesty, which is a circumvention of the Constitution’s powers afforded to Congress.

Fast and Furious: ATF Official Caught Double-Dipping with Taxpayer Dollars

This week, Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa and Senator Grassley sent a letter to the acting director of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives asking for an explanation on how a top ATF official involved in Operation Fast and Furious, William McMahon, can remain on paid leave while also drawing a salary from the private sector.

https://iqconnect.lmhostediq.com/iqextranet/iqClickTrk.aspx?&cid=AZ01PG&crop=14463.5589555.5173345.7116949&redirect=http://youtu.be/dl7Rp1a2sQI
Please click above to watch the latest
Fast and Furious update from OGR Chairman Issa.

The ATF should not be making exceptions to allow Mr. McMahon to be paid for another four to five months from the taxpayer’s wallet. Americans have a right to know that the money Washington takes from them is well spent, and I encourage you to read the letter that was sent by clicking here.
Visiting the Yuma Proving Ground
This week, I had a great tour of the Yuma Proving Ground, which conducts weapon system and munitions testing for all U.S. military services. I believe that our nation's security from all threats, both foreign and domestic, is the government's core responsibility.



Officials at the Yuma Proving Ground show Congressman Gosar Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles.

It is important Congress ensures our service members are receiving the resources they need to do the critical job of protecting our nation. Please, read more about the Proving Ground here.
House Call: Meeting with the Arizona Oncology Associates
This week, I had a great visit with Dr. Vu and his team at the Arizona Oncology Associates in Prescott Valley. My efforts for health care reform do not stop at dismantling Obamacare. I also believe that must enact serious, patient centered reform. I thank Doctor Vu and his team for the difference they are making every day.



Meeting with and thanking Dr. Vu and his team at the Arizona Oncology Associates.

With that said, our country is faced with fewer physicians and increased bureaucracy. The government takeover of health care is a burden to medical professionals, as nearly one in two doctors report being burned out. I will continue to tirelessly fight to dismantle Obamacare. Please read more here.

As always, you can follow everything I am working on in Arizona and Washington, D.C. through my website (
http://gosar.house.gov) on Twitter @repgosar, or through Facebook at Representative Paul Gosar.




Sincerely,

Paul A. Gosar, D.D.S.
Member of Congress


No comments: