HJS Comments: The president released a long-form birth certificate and his facial expression as he announced it gave me the impression that he thought that made everything all right. It was never really about the certificate itself, but about him. No matter what he provides now, it will only satisfy some people; and for good reason; we do not trust him. Some of us did not trust him from the time he said he would fundamentally change America. I wrote at the time for this blog the following:
The great lion
There is a lion at large in the Middle East;
The lion is the american president.
The Europeans have heard his roar
And it frightens them; his power and presence
They do not understand--his dedication to
World peace and his fight to secure and
Preserve it, are lost on them; they have forgotten
That peace is won and held, not given. they are a people
Who will not fight to preserve anything--nothing
To them is worth fighting for. A sad state of affairs.
The savages and the sadists have felt the strength of his claws and his terrible bite; those who once owned the night
Now own nothing and are strangers and enemies in their
Own villages. The people have taken strength by knowing
The lion is among them and are no longer afraid. Only the
Savages now are afraid--of the people!
But the lion’s time is almost up and everyone waits.
What will america do? Will it send another lion?
Or will the great nation become the laughing stock of fools
When the great, earth-shattering roar is no longer heard
And the new sound is that of a rabbit chased by the jackals
Of germany and Russia and the sounds of savages loose
In our streets.
I have not yet seen anything that warrants a change in my opinion of his presidency.
FactCheck.Org: Obama Repeatedly Lied In Critique of Ryan Plan
Posted by Jim Hoft on Monday, April 25, 2011, 5:07 AM
Obama didn’t just misrepresent one or two things. Obama lied throughout his critique of the Ryan Plan. And, he did this after he invited Rep. Paul Ryan to sit up front for the speech.
No wonder Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) was so upset after Obama’s horrible attacks and lies.
Link to 3 minute video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT30c5qbk90&feature=player_embedded
FactCheck.org reported, via Free Republic:
President Barack Obama misrepresented the House Republicans’ budget plan at times and exaggerated its impact on U.S. residents during an April 13 speech on deficit reduction.
- Obama claimed the Republicans’ “Path to Prosperity” plan would cause “up to 50 million Americans “¦ to lose their health insurance.” But that worst-case figure is based in part on speculation and assumptions.
- He said the GOP plan would replace Medicare with “a voucher program that leaves seniors at the mercy of the insurance industry.” That’s an exaggeration. Nothing would change for those 55 and older. Those younger would get federal subsidies to buy private insurance from a Medicare exchange set up by the government.
- He said “poor children,” “children with autism” and “kids with disabilities” would be left “to fend for themselves.” That, too, is an exaggeration. The GOP says states would have “freedom and flexibility to tailor a Medicaid program that fits the needs of their unique populations.” It doesn’t bar states from covering those children.
- He repeated a deceptive talking point that the new health care law will reduce the deficit by $1 trillion. That’s the Democrats’ own estimate over a 20-year period. The Congressional Budget Office pegged the deficit savings at $210 billion over 10 years and warned that estimates beyond a decade are “more and more uncertain.”
- He falsely claimed that making the Bush tax cuts permanent would give away “$1 trillion worth of tax cuts for every millionaire and billionaire.” That figure — which is actually $807 billion over 10 years — refers to tax cuts for individuals earning more than $200,000 and couples earning more than $250,000, not just millionaires and billionaires.
- He said the tax burden on the wealthy is the lowest it has been in 50 years. But the most recent nonpartisan congressional analysis showed that the average federal tax rate for high-income taxpayers was lower in 1986…
There’s more at the link.
Obama’s whole speech was riddled with lies.
Of course, the state-run media completely ignored this.