Friday, March 04, 2011

Bruce Ash: Elected Officials Need To Listen to the GrassRoots (Unless that official is me and/or I disagree with them)

Maybe it's just me, but I was under the impression that one of the chief complaints of the "Tea Party" movement was that their elected officials were out of touch and didn't listen to the will of their constituents.


Tea Partiers, do I have that right? Rob Haney, can you feel me?


So what are we to make of Bruce Ash, Arizona's National Committeeman, and one-time "Tea Party" candidate for AZ State GOP Chairman? Ash, you'll remember, was the Tea Party's pick for GOP chair until health issues took him out of the running and gave us Tommy 5 Wives.


Witness the following exchange between Ash and one of his constituents:


From: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

To: Bruce Ash

Bruce,

I've read the devastating allegations by Morrissey's 3rd and 4th wives that attack not only his conservative credentials but his moral values in a number of ways. Now Morrissey appoints and is paying a convicted sexual offender in a management position at the state party? Are we a party of family value's? Are we telling the Hispanic community come join us because we have the same value's?

The state party is the very definition of hypocrisy and I can
not nor will I support them as long as this insanity continues.



From: Bruce Ash

To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Since you didn't support him from the start what is the difference?
Yours in unity......

Bruce Ash
Sent from my iPhone


So, as a constituent, you bring up a concern with one of your representatives. They respond with care and concern snark and sarcasm.


I thought you Tea Party people were supposed to be about holding people accountable and making sure elected officials reflected your values.


You guys elected Tom Morrissey. You guys kept Bruce Ash around. You could dump both. Will you?

No comments: