Friday, August 06, 2010

Vote for people of character at election time - Eastern Arizona Courier


When I opened up my automotive shop on Eighth Avenue in Safford 16 years ago, I needed a good security alarm system to protect our tools and equipment. I called my old friend from college, Wyatt Palmer, and asked him about the quality of the system that he sold through Valley Security. His response was an “aha” moment for me that has helped shaped my philosophy in business and in life.
He stated that if all the security systems manufactured in the world were rated on a scale of one to 10, you would be able to find products all over that scale. He said his company only dealt with components that would be rated a 10 on that scale. That was the only kind of company he wanted to own or associate with.

I purchased his system and have been completely satisfied with it ever since. Mr. Palmer is now running for justice of the peace, and he brings with him a lifetime of qualifications that rate his ability to serve our Valley at nothing short of a 10. I didn’t ask him about this letter, so I am sure I might be missing something, but I am aware of his following qualifications: He graduated from college. He served in law enforcement. He founded multiple successful businesses that are still thriving today.
He went back to school at mid-life and earned a law degree and passed the Arizona Bar Association. He has a thriving law practice. He serves or has served as a prosecutor for several communities. Through it all, he has maintained an impeccable reputation and is known for his precise nature of applying the law and a sense of fairness.
Now, more than ever, we need to vote for people with this type of character and record, people who would be rated a 10 even if we all knew every detail of their lives. In my opinion, this would include our State Representative Mr. Bill Konopnicki who has his own record of accomplishments and of always being on the right side of every issue. You can find people running for public office that would be rated anywhere from a one to a 10. Let’s not waste our vote on anyone that we can’t rate a 10.
Don P. Smith
Safford

No comments: