Sunday, April 25, 2010

Governor Brewer signs SB1070 to fight illegal immigration




Friday, I announced the steps I was taking to enhance security along our border. Today – with my unwavering signature on Senate Bill 1070 – Arizona strengthens its security WITHIN our borders.


This law represents another tool for our state to use as we work to solve a crisis we did not create and the federal government has refused to fix.

This bill, the Support Our Law Enforcement and Safe Neighborhoods Act, strengthens the laws of our state.


It protects all of us, every Arizona citizen and everyone here in our state lawfully. And, it does so while ensuring that the constitutional rights of ALL in Arizona remain solid -- stable and steadfast.

Let me be clear: My signature today represents my steadfast support for enforcing the law — both AGAINST illegal immigration AND against racial profiling.

President Obama did not have the time to acknowledge my countless requests to secure our border, but he does have time speak out against this legislation.


Show your support. Join me in standing up to Washington and protecting Arizona’s citizens from illegal immigration.






No comments: