Thursday, April 15, 2010

: FROM THE ARCHIVES: J.D. Hayworth On Abramoff In 2006: “I Have Nothing To Hide… Sunlight Is The Best Disinfectant”




FROM THE ARCHIVES: J.D. Hayworth On Abramoff In 2006: “I Have Nothing To Hide… Sunlight Is The Best Disinfectant”


Phoenix, AZ – In a 2006 interview with Fox News, Congressman J.D. Hayworth called for full transparency in his dealings with convicted felon lobbyist Jack Abramoff, saying, “I have done nothing wrong, I have nothing to hide. And I think sunlight is the best disinfectant.”



Despite Congressman Hayworth’s call for sunlight to shine on his ties with Abramoff, one aspect of their relationship – the donors to Congressman Hayworth’s Secret Abramoff Trust Fund he set up have others pay the hundreds of thousands in legal bills piled up from the scandal – still remains very much in the dark.



On three separate occasions this year, Congressman Hayworth said he would release the details of his secret Abramoff Trust Fund by today, April 15th.



Will Congressman Hayworth live up to his earlier call for transparency, as his campaign has so publicly promised?




Congressman J.D. Hayworth: “Well, I understand that. And I saw the tease earlier. Honest leadership from the Democrats, that is kind of like jumbo shrimp. Listen, the bottom line is this, Mr. Justice Brandeis was right, sunlight is the best disinfectant. … I have done nothing wrong, I have nothing to hide. And I think sunlight is the best disinfectant.”







Watch Congressman Hayworth’s call for transparency in the Abramoff scandal here:





No comments: