Friday, November 02, 2007

Bill Konopnicki Exploratory Committee Web Site is Up & Running!




From the Bill Konopnicki Exploratory Web Site:




Dear Friends,



We in greater Arizona enjoy some clear advantages over our friends in places like Phoenix and Tucson. Open spaces, clean air and beautiful weather are just a few. But we also face some unique challenges. As someone who’s lived in rural Arizona my whole life, I have experienced these challenges first hand.



Throughout my years in public life, I’ve made it my charge to promote policies that help improve the quality of life in our state’s rural communities. This includes improving the quality of both K-12 and higher education; increasing access to healthcare; protecting our forests; mitigating the effects of drought; and expanding economic development. I’ve confronted our area’s challenges head-on while adhering to a philosophy that believes in keeping taxes low.
While I have accomplished a great deal in my time in the state Legislature since taking office in 2003, there are still many issues facing our region that require a federal solution.



Greater Arizona deserves a voice in Congress that will represent our commonsense values on issues such as land management, water rights and transportation from the perspective of someone who’s lived and worked in our district for over 30 years.



Over these next few months, my family and I will take the time to explore whether I should throw my hat into the ring to represent Arizona’s 1st Congressional District. Throughout this period, I look forward to talking with you about the serious issues facing our district, our state and our country.



I hope this Web site will help you learn more about me and my accomplishments on behalf of greater Arizona. I hope you’ll visit often as I’ll be adding more content over the coming weeks.
Please do not hesitate to drop me a line at
bill@explorebk2008.com. I look forward to hearing from you.



Sincerely,
Bill Konopnicki

No comments: