Monday, November 19, 2012

Martha McSally Statement on Congressional Election Results


McSally Statement on Congressional Election Results


Tucson - Martha McSally released the following statement this afternoon, in regards to her candidacy for Congress in the 2nd Congressional District.


Martha McSally:


"Today I called Congressman Barber to congratulate him on his victory. It was a hard fought campaign and I'm proud of the race we ran with integrity, honor, authenticity, and grace.


While ultimately we didn't get the results we hoped for, I'm amazed at the historic nature of what we did with the odds stacked so high against us. Across this district, people of all political stripes who voted for President Obama and Richard Carmona also voted for me. As the single highest Republican vote getter in the district, over 141,000 people believed in our message of putting leadership and independent thinking ahead of party politics.


While this particular battle is over, I still have a fire in my belly to make a difference and serve our community and country. I look forward to seeing where that call to duty takes me next."
 
Statement From Senator Jon Kyl on
Congressional Election Results
Tucson - Today, Senator Jon Kyl released the following statement in regards to yesterday's Election results in the 2nd Congressional District.

Senator Jon Kyl:
"With yesterday's election news, I want to congratulate Ron Barber on his victory. I also want to take a moment to congratulate Martha McSally on doing an amazing job in a short time in her campaign for Congress in the 2nd District. The odds were stacked against her and no one initially thought she had a chance of winning. I always believed that she could, and with a few small changes in turnout she would have. As a rising star here in Arizona, Martha has a very bright future and I look forward to seeing her continued leadership and service."
 
All of us here at Politico Mafioso congratulate Martha & Team McSally for a campaign well done! We will follow up on this later this week!

No comments: