We've received over 250 e-mails ALL talking about the comvention and how horrible it was. Just look on Facebook to see many of the comments left by the good folks who attended.The disgraceful scene made by the Ron Paul supporters was well orchestrated and was disgusting to say the least. Chairman Morrissey should have told them to immediately leave or have the Sheriffs escort them out. Mitt Romney’s son did not deserve this. We would never allowed it if it were Ron Paul’s Son. The Ron Paul Supporters are a duplicate for the WALL STREET Occupiers without tents! A disgraceful bunch.
What many of the people are concerned about was the lack of preparation by the Romney campaign. NATHAN SPROUL, head of Lincoln Strategies Group, headed the Romney effort (or lack of).
Another longtime, prominent State Committeeman told us this:
Randy Pullen was part of the Romney/State Party planning team that organized the May 12th convention. For him to blame it all on Tom Morrisey is absurd. Randy did nothing to anticipate any of the problems.
While Randy might like to take credit for the smoothe running of 2008 state convention, he was just the figurehead. It was the McCain campaign team that made sure Helen Purcell handled the balloting and it was the McCain campaign team that ran the caucuses, distributed slates of delegates and made sure the convention ran efficiently.
Just what happened Saturday?
1. No pre-printed sign-in sheets were available when delegates checked in. Credentials volunteers had to use blank yellow tablet sheets to have delegates sign in.
2. There were no ballots distributed in the credential envelopes. Ballots had to be passed out individually in the CD caucuses (twice) and in the at-large elections (three times).
3. There was no agenda and no program distributed to the delegates in their packets
4. Not enough ballots were printed.
5. In the CD 2 caucus Carolyn Cox was listed on the ballot twice.
6. The Romney campaign forgot to have one of its recommended delegates, Ed Hedges, placed on the ballot.
7. It took three hours to produce a convention credentials report. Should have taken 20-30 minutes.
8. The delegates were sent to their respective CD caucuses before the credentials report was presented. This meant that after about twenty minutes in the CD caucuses. Every caucus had to stop and everybody had to return to the convention floor so they could vote to accept the credentials report.
9. Only two of five tabulating machines were actually working. This meant that it took two hours for the CD caucus ballots to be counted. Counting of the at-large ballots went well passed 9:30 PM.
10. * Asterisks were printed on the ballots beside the names of the prospective delegates preferred by the Romney campaign.
11. The preferred Romney candidates were listed in the first twenty places on the at-large ballot.
12. The State Chairman read the names of the preferred Romney candidates out loud from the podium.
13. The first at-large vote was tallied incorrectly and had to be thrown out and the convention had to re-vote.
14. The problems with the balloting could easily have been avoided by hiring Maricopa County Recorder Helen Purcell to run the elections. The State Party and Romney campaign refused to do that, because they don’t like Helen Purcell. Their excuse was the cost ($5,000). But when Bruce Ash offered to pay the cost, they still refused, using instead a Rob Haney associate, whose ballot counting procedures had been proven to be laughably incompetent in previous (and much smaller) party elections.
(NOTE: We received an e-mail sent by ROB HANEY - MCRC Chairman on this):
From: Rob Haney [mailto:email@example.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2012 5:44 PM
Cc: 'Me'; firstname.lastname@example.org; 'Tom Morrissey'; email@example.com; 'pmason'; 'Thayer Verschoor'; ALBERTOGUTIER@AOL.COM; David Ludwig; 'Joe Abate'
Subject: Re: Charlotte
We might as well get this in the open, Warren. I do not know whose decision it was to release the last ballot early to someone so a favored candidate slate could be published. This places the whole integrity process of the election in question. It also calls into question why the decision was made to spend unnecessary LD 11 funds for the services of the county recorder to print the ballots. Was it to make sure that only one side was given the ballot in advance as opposed to using the services the MCRC provides through George Teegarden at only the cost of supplies? George releases the ballot in advance of the election to be fair and "transparent" to all PCs.
15. Ballot counting continued until well after 9:30 PM, at which time a quorum no longer existed. There now needs to be a runoff for the position of National Committeewoman, which must be done by mail-in ballot, because the convention was so badly managed that they could not get a second ballot for National Committeewoman accomplished,.WOW! Many are now calling for AZ GOP Chairman TOM MORRISSEY to resign after this fiasco. Do we really want RUSSELL PEARCE as State Party Chairman? I think NOT!
The immediate solution to this problem is for Morrissey to FIRE the entire 'Motley Crew' down @ 24th Street & Thomas. They are the most incompetent group we have ever seen running the AZ GOP! Time for them ALL to go before we lose elections!
Arizona Ron Paul supporters boo Romney's son off stage by Rebekah L. Sanders - The AZ Republic
AZ GOP and the FIRST AMENDMENT...AMERICAN FREEDOM BY BARBARA ESPINOSA
Look who was booed and look who did the booing and post your thoughts - By Greta Van Susteren