CLICK HERE TO WATCH THE VIDEO!
(Tempe, Arizona) Businessman and candidate for Tempe Mayor Michael Monti is breaking new ground as he releases a campaign video in Spanish.
Monti, who graduated with a degree in Spanish from ASU, crafted the video because he wants to reach out to and be Mayor to all of Tempe.
To see the video, click here.
Monti’s message to Spanish speaking voters conveys his concern for the economy and its impact on the community. Just as he has done many times in English, Monti pledged to use his private sector experience to bring more jobs to Tempe.
“I want to be Mayor to all of Tempe. That means South Tempe, North
Tempe, Downtown, families, students, English speaking, Spanish speaking. We may come from different walks of life but we are One Tempe.”
Michael Monti, owner of Tempe’s historic Monti’s La Casa Vieja, co-founded Local First, Arizona. He is also active in the Tempe Diablos Charities, and is the youngest inductee in the Arizona Restaurant Association’s Hall of Fame.
To make a campaign donation on line click here or mail a check to
P.O. Box 24476, Tempe, AZ 85285
His campaign is based on bringing private sector ideas to government, fiscal responsibility, civic involvement, economic opportunity, and innovation. His proposals include:
Financial incentives for city workers who save rather than spend tax dollars:
- The creation of the Tempe Community Corps to increase volunteerism, and aid Tempe neighborhoods and services
- Partnerships with ASU and the business community to bring more jobs to Tempe
- The creation of a public swimming beach at Tempe Town Lake, paid for by the private sector
- Partnerships with the ASU College of Nursing to aid Tempe seniors
- Encouraging businesses to embrace eco-friendly projects such as the Blink Car Charging Stations at Monti’s La Casa Vieja
- A ban on texting while driving in Tempe
- A gift ban and stricter reporting requirements for Tempe elected officials
- An eight year term limit for the mayor’s office
Arizona leaders and organizations that have endorsed Michael Monti include:
Tempe Mayor Hugh Hallman
Former Tempe Council Member and mayoral candidate Linda Spears
Tempe Council Member Onnie Shekerjian
Tempe Democrat and Former Council Member Barbara Sherman
Tempe’s first elected Mayor, Rudy Campbell
The Tempe Chamber of Commerce
Arizona Attorney General Tom Horne
Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery
Congressman David Schweikert
Former Tempe City Council Member ‘Hut’ Hutson
Former State Rep. Laura Knaperek
Tempe Democrat Carl Hayden
Former Tempe Councilman Joseph Lewis
Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane
Former Congressman Barry Goldwater Jr.
Former State Senator and Tempe Councilwoman Bev Hermon
Former Tempe Council Candidate Angie Taylor Thornton
Arizona State Treasurer Doug Ducey
Former State Senator Gary Richardson
To visit the Monti4 Mayor Website click here or log on to www.monti4mayor.com (@monti4mayor).
Paid for By Monti for Mayor!