Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Bill Gates for City Council Campaign Update 4/04/11



Bill Gates for City Council Campaign Update 4/04/11


Friends and Supporters,


Thank you for your continued support in my campaign. I am excited to share with you a couple of articles which highlight some of the recent actions of the Finance Efficiency and Innovation Subcommittee, which I have the honor to chair.


County Attorney Applauds Strong Support for Victims’ Rights by the City of Phoenix


“Citizens of Phoenix are truly fortunate to have such a strong champion of victims’ rights as Councilman Gates, and I deeply appreciate his leadership on this issue,” -Maricopa County Attorney Bill Montgomery






Phoenix budget shortfall only $59M after last year’s $277M gap


City Councilman Bill Gates said although the budget is more manageable this year than it has been in the past, it is important that Phoenix continue to cut spending, become more efficient and find ways to do “more with less.”


To see the complete article, please visit my website.


Petitions are being collected!


As you know, the only way for me to be re-elected is to get on the ballot. So I need your help in getting signatures. Asking family, friends, and neighbors if they would take a moment to sign a petition for me is a simple way to become active and raise awareness of the upcoming election! Simply getting three to five signatures would be very helpful. You don’t have to live in District 3 to circulate a petition, just need to live in the District to sign the petition. Please let me know if you’d like me to send you a petition.


Saturday, April 9th, 2011*


Neighborhood Walk: I will be walking door-to-door Sat., April 9, at 10 a.m. We will be meeting at Paradise Bakery on the corner of Tatum and Shea. Please let me know if you are able to join by emailing volunteer@gatesforphoenix.com


Sunnyslope Art Walk: I will also be attending the Sunnyslope Art Walk. This is a great event in my district and a great way to get signatures! The event is Sat., April 9 from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. It is on Central Avenue, and goes from Dunlap to the canal. Please let me know if you can help at this event by emailing volunteer@gatesforphoenix.com


*Volunteers will get a free "Bill Gates for City Council" T-shirt.






Library Hours Continue


We are holding Library Hours in the upcoming weeks. This is a great way to get involved in our community outreach while enjoying these final weeks of spring. If you would like to volunteer to collect petition signatures at Mesquite Library, by PV Mall please let me know by emailing volunteer@gatesforphoenix.com and my campaign will get you set up.


Neighborhood Meetings


If there is a neighborhood meeting or gathering in your area that you would like for me to attend, please email info@gatesforphoenix.com and let my campaign know the details.


Thank you for your support and as always, please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.


I hope to see you this Saturday!


Sincerely,


Councilman Bill Gates
Phoenix City Council District 3




Paid for by Friends of Bill Gates

No comments: