Thursday, March 24, 2011

'THE RUMOR MILL' for Thursday March 24, 2011

Here is the latest version of 'The Rumor Mill':


GOVERNOR PAUL BABEU?


There has been much speculation on the upcoming race for the new CD-9 Congressional Seat that Arizona gets in 2012!  No one knows for sure, but many think the new Congressional District will be located in Pinal County.

Relaible sources tell PM that Pinal County Sheriff PAUL BABEU is seriously considering a run for Governor in 2014!  Jan Brewer is term limited which opens up the field to many contenders.

Was it a coincidence that  Pinal County received $5 Million for Cartel Funding?  Insiders say no.  It's been known for a long time that Speaker of the House KIRK ADAMS is interested in running for Congress.

With redistricting, it's up in the air just what CD Adams and Babeu will end up in. 

ALL of us here at PM think Sheriff Paul Babeu, who tonight is receiving the 1st Annual Ronald Reagan Leadership Award from Politics On The Rocks , would make an excellent Governor!  He is bright, articulate & has built himself a perfect political resume.  Stay Tuned.....


JERRY WEIERS STILL LOOKING AT RUNNING FOR PHOENIX CITY COUNCIL!

As we reported back in January,  State Rep. JERRY WEIERS is still contemplating a run for the District 5 seat of Claude Maddox, who is running for Mayor!

It should be an easy choice for Weiers:  Phoenix City Councilman pays $ 61,610.00 per year!  Plus staff @ an average salary of $ 57,465.00 per year, makes this a 'no brainer' for Weiers.

We need more solid Conservative Republicans on the Phoenix City Council!  Jerry Weiers fits this mold and would win this race easily!


BRETT MECUM - MOVIN' ON UP TO THE EASTSIDE!

Looks like our old 'pal' BRETT MECUM, the 'Charlie Sheen' of the AZ GOP, has been spotted partying lately in Scottsdale at places like 'JACKRABBIT' & 'CREAM'!

Those who have seen him at these clubs say he looks "Like A Fish Out Of Water"! 

Maybe if he spent more time working then partying, the AZ GOP might be a little more relevant!


Ruth McClung: What's up and rumors!

We received this from our friend Ruth McClung, former candidate for CD-7!

Dear Friends,



We have received hundreds of emails over the past weeks, and I wanted to get back to everyone and give you all an update as to what is going on in my life and my future in politics. I am considering running for office again, but at this point in time, I do not feel that I have enough information to make an informed decision because of re-districting. (We hear the first draft for re-districting will be out around June.)


I feel if I jump into any race at this point, including CD7, it would be like voting for a House bill before reading what is in it. I need to know the political landscape, at least in a general way, before making a decision. Also, I do not want to wastefully spend campaign money or peoples time by jumping into a race without the facts. We have even heard a few rumors since the election that Grijalva might retire?! As we would say in physics, everything is in a state of flux.


No, I am not running for Senator Kyl's seat in 2012! Many thanks to all of you who thought I should or could!


I am slowly putting together another campaign team with many of our 2010 volunteer staff (Why change a great team!) and we are also interviewing some new people. Last time I ran against Representative Grijalva. Many people would say it was "David against Goliath." Now, my campaign team and I know what it takes to win and are discussing strategies.


Since I am not a career politician, I have gone back to work full time in my career as a rocket scientist. I am also spending quality time with family and friends which isn't a luxury you get during a campaign. I am working on putting my house and yard back in order, as well as losing the weight I gained from campaign food and no time to exercise. You may also see me hanging off the face of Mt. Lemmon or running down some hiking trails. I have been helping other candidates who are running in local elections this year. Congratulations to Dave Bowen who just won in the Marana Town Council race. My campaign manager and TagLine Media both helped him beat a popular incumbent.


As you gave so much to me and my campaign, I feel 2011 is the year I can give back. If you need me to speak at any worthwhile event, let me know. You can still connect to me at ruth@ruth4az.com and on my facebook pages.


This is a crucial time in American history! We must win in 2011 by electing people that are fiscally responsible to our city councils, or bankruptcy will be our future struggle. We cannot tax, spend, and borrow our way to prosperity!


We must also win big in 2012 or we may lose the United States as we know it. We are losing our freedom at an alarming rate. For the past two years we have watched as Washington chipped away at the ability of the middle class to succeed. I hope that our victory in 2010 will help us stop this, but a victory is needed in 2012 to reverse it. We must stand united and continue the fight. I am still with you...


God Bless you all and God Bless America,


Viva the People!


Ruth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You do realize that Jerry Weiers lives in Glendale, don't you? That kind of precludes him from running for the Phx City Council.

Try just a touch of fact checking next time... a little goes a long way when you're sifting through rumors.

Tony GOPrano said...

Um Anon, he owns homes in Glendale & Phoenix so it would be easy to become a Phx resident. We wouldn't post this if he wasn't interested in the post. All he has to do is move; it's not like running for State office where you must have residency for 1 year prior to the election.