Monday, February 21, 2011

JIM WARING FOR PHOENIX CITY COUNCIL!

This past weekend, I've received a number of phone calls & e-mails, all about the same subject.


Readers have asked if former LD-7 State Senator Jim Waring is considering running for the Phoenix City Council.


On Friday, Jim Waring filed an Exploratory Committee for Phoenix City Council District 2 (he can't file to run until the current Councilwoman Peggy Neely resigns; she will have to resign to run for Mayor).


Waring, who ran for Congress last year, has strong a Conservative record in his many years of service to Arizona!

Here is Jim Waring 'On The Issues':

On the key issues our nation faces today, such as national defense, I have made supporting our troops my top priority as a state Senator. For this work, I have been named the American Legion’s “Legislator of the Year” and the National Guard Association of Arizona’s “Legislator of the Year” three times, and I recently received the Copper Shield Award from the Arizona Veterans Hall of Fame.




Nothing is more important than defending our way of life, and our men and women in the armed forces deserve our unwavering support. We MUST take the fight to the terrorists and continue to keep America strong.

To learn more about where I stand on the issues our nation faces, please click on the links below:


•Taxes


•Illegal Immigration & S.B. 1070


•Health Care Reform


•The Sanctity of Human Life


•Second Amendment


•Out-of-Control Government Spending


•Jobs & The Economy


64% of Phoenix District 2 resides in Waring's Legislative District 7, which he won in the 2010 CD-3 race.

Jim Waring will be an excellent Phoenix City Councilman!  He knows the issues and is one of the hardest working politicians I have ever seen.  Along with current Councilman Bill Gates & Sal DiCiccio, Waring will help bring Phoenix' budget problems under control.

4 comments:

The Red One said...

I believe that Jim Waring will make an outstanding city councilman! He has a strong conservative track record and is the most qualified candidate for this position. We need Jim to represent our conservative values and beliefs. I support Jim Waring and highly recommend that you support him too!

My Opinion said...

I don't know Jim that well, but I did give him $5 when he was exploring a run for State Treasurer (if I recall correctly).

I received a hand-written thank you note in the mail a few days later.

What a class-act. That impression has always stuck with me.

Go Jim!

Anonymous said...

Apparently, Jim Waring doesn't understand Phoenix City Council is a NON-PARTISAN job. His campaign signs all say "Jim Waring REPUBLICAN City Council."

Mr. Waring: I don't know whether it's legal to tout your party affiliation on your campaign materials. If you want to advertise yourself as a conservative, go ahead, but in my mind it's WRONG to run for a non-partisan race with a party label. Even if I agreed with your positions, I wouldn't vote for you, just for that reason.

Anonymous said...

I know nothing about Jim, but the fact that he states that he is a republican hopefully means that he is conservative in the way that government spends our money. just maybe he has balls, unlike most elected officials that continually vote for special interests and give away money we dont have in order to keep themselves in office. This is literally 50% of our political underhandedness. Maybe Jim will stay honest. Maybe Jim will Stay honest and not spend more than the bank account says is available.