Friday, January 14, 2011

ANTHONY MILLER - SOME CLARIFICATION

Former LD-20 Republican Chairman ANTHONY MILLER asked us to post this:

Friends,



I want to clarify a few things regarding my resignation from LD20. There were many reasons I chose to resign, most of which I stated in my resignation letter.




In addition, the tone of the recent rhetoric in LD20 was out of control. I felt that if I stayed in position, there was a good chance things were going to continue to escalate, and there was no way of knowing how far. So I stepped down in an attempt to defuse a situation which was already too tense.


I would have preferred a different headline for the recent AZ Republic story as I feel it kind of overstates the role that the horrific crimes in Tucson played in my decision.


The fact is that the events of that day were only one of the many factors in my resignation. It is true that I was uncomfortable with the extremely personal nature of the tone of the district election, and I was even more uncomfortable when the personal attacks continued after the election was over. As time went on, these attacks ended up targeting not only me, but also those who were seen as allies or friends of mine.



CLICK HERE TO SEE THE VIDEO!

It became clear that something needed to be done to calm things down, for the sake of myself, my family, my friends, and the district, so I resigned.


It is my hope that by calling attention to what happened to me, others will stop and think about how they are behaving, and to what end.



I call on newly re-elected Maricopa County GOP Chairman Rob Haney to take a leadership role in ensuring that the Republican Party in Arizona is a safe and welcoming place for all Republicans. I make the same request of our next State Party Chair.

Rep. Giffords and the other victims of the terrible tragedy this weekend continue to be in my prayers.

Sincerely Yours,
 
Anthony Miller


NOTE:  Anthony Miller is one of the hardest working Republicans in Arizona!  This young man was one of the most successful volunteers in the 2010 elections. 

His story has made national news because of the recent, tragic events last Saturday in Tucson. 

Miller was constantly harasssed and demeaned by Rob Haney & his gang of Zombie followers.   They make every effort to blast Mr. Miller and his people (you can read some of their NASTY comments here)

What these morons don't get is that Senator John McCain KICKED J.D. "Huckster" Hayworth's ass in the 2010 Primary election.  Now rumors percist that the 'Wackos' want Hayworth to run against Sen. John Kyl in 2012!  PLEASE MAKE OUR DAY!  Time for the Haneyites to GET OVER IT, YOU LOST!

Haney & his mob want to 'purge the Republican Party' of anyone not 100% with them.  Sound familiar?

If these idiots want Republicans to lose future elections by ridding the Party of those not wanted, they should drop out & form their own party. 

Related Articles:

Local Arizona GOPer Resigns: 'I Don't Want To Take A Bullet' - TPM

Tucson Shootings Spur Local GOP Official To Quit For Safety - NPR


Arizona Republican Leaders Resign After Shooting : Roll Call

44 - Some Arizona Republican party officials resign after Tucson shooting - The Washington Post

Arizona Republicans Quit in Fear of Tea Party - Politics USA

AF Republicans in turmoil after leadership resigns over safety fears - Ahwatukee Times

Ariz. GOP official resigns: Won't 'take a bullet' - On Politics: USA Today

No comments: