Thursday, August 05, 2010

Do You Need a Math Genius to read the Financial Report - “Is my Opponent Supporting Me?” By Bill Konopnicki



Need a Math Genius to read the Financial Report“

Is my Opponent Supporting Me?”

My opponent has recently accused my campaign of accepting "out of town money."

This is the same person who in a Senate Appropriations Committee meeting stated: “I wish there was a math genius in the room that could compute that for me. Help me to understand this.”


It's obvious she needs a “math genius” to explain such financial reports. She claims that there have been no local contributions to
my campaign. My opponent once again fails to understand something simple or has chosen to conveniently forget that my financial report is an accumulation of a number of years. There have always been a large number of local contributions to my campaign(s).

My opponent also doesn't understand that in our legislative district there are seven hospitals that have all contributed to the Hospital PAC (Political Action Committee), which supports my candidacy in part due to the support I have given to this area of concern in rural Arizona during my legislative service. Somehow my opponent views these contributions as being “not local” because the checks were sent from the association address?

Using this same logic raises some questions: does this mean that when someone gives money to their PAC that it is considered "Out of town money”? Does this also imply that in order for someone to make a difference in a campaign the only way they can do so is to give money directly to the candidate?

In legislative district 5, there are approximately 500 nurses, 350 doctors, 108 highway patrolman, 470 members of the FOP and almost 600 realtors all of whom made contributions to various PAC's. According to my opponent this would all be more terrible “out of town money”?


The Realtors PAC made a generous and sizable contribution to my campaign. Hmm. My opponent is a realtor. So . . . if my opponent contributed to the realtors PAC does that mean that she is one of the “out of town Maricopa County people” that I'm allegedly beholden to according to her logic?

I hope my opponent finds her math genius soon because she needs to figure this out quickly. As it stands using her logic: My opponent is one of those awful Maricopa County “out of town people” supporting my campaign?


Bill Konopnicki - candidate for LD-5 Senate!

For the record it is good to see the engagement of so many citizens around Arizona. People are concerned and actively trying to do the best thing for our state. As a result this makes me especially thankful to all of the contributions I receive regardless of where in the state they originate or are sent from. I am proud so many Arizonans realize we all have a stake in each of these elections.


No comments: