Wednesday, August 11, 2010

CONGRESSMAN JEFF FLAKE - Heat of the campaign

I’m often asked by my colleagues in Congress how I can vote “no” on cleverly-worded spending bills that seem on their face to be the legislative equivalent of motherhood and apple pie. “I could never explain a ‘no’ vote like that to my constituents,” they say.


“You don’t have my constituents,” I tell them. “They’re Arizonans. They believe in limited government, and they understand.”The campaign season is now upon us. During the heat of a campaign, an opponent will sometimes twist votes and positions to the point where, if it were true, I’m not sure that I would vote for me.


If you’ve received phone calls, emails, or have seen advertisements questioning my commitment to conservative values, please respond to this email and I’ll personally read each one and respond.Again, I want you to know how much I appreciate your support. It is a privilege to represent the East Valley in Congress. This is the best district in the country!



Thanks,












The Truth About Jeff Smith!


This Site is Paid for by Citizens Against Dirty Campaigns

4 comments:

Jeremy W said...

Isn't that Jeff Smith's campaign brochure? Did Jeff Flake take Smith's literature and modify it? Isn't that against intellectual property rights? Is Jeff Flake not capable of creating his own literature for voters or is he content with just ripping off his opponents work and passing it off as his own. My understanding is that Jeff Smith is a grass-roots organization and that Flake is has coffers that are quite full.....so how do you justify turning Smith's paid for advertising into your own?
That seems pretty skeezy to me.

Also, I contacted Jeff Flake a few weeks ago in regards to a bill he was voting on (the debt buy-down). I had some legitimate and honest questions about this I got a form letter back yesterday that just said he was the taxpayer's best friend. Not sure if this was in response to my contacting him but I sure as heck never heard back on that issue. Not directly and definatley not with a personal contact of any kind.

Flake's camp is turning this into a dirty campaign and I am disappointed to see my Congressman stoop to these levels. I am happy to see that Smith is not rising to the bait and that he is continuingn to actually campaign and get his message out. Guesss Flake doesn't really have a message this district wants to hear.

Sign stealing, website hijinks, tweaking of the opponents paid for campagin literature. I'd expect these tactics from the bozo in the white house or SEIU. Not from someone claiming to be an honest, LDS, Conservative representative for my district.

Jeff Flake: FAIL.

Anonymous said...

Its not the Flake campaign is running the negative its all Viramontes! He is taking the entire Smith campaign on by himself.

Jeremy W said...

Viramontes is one of Flake's head volunteers, right? I see his smiling mug on Jeff Flake's facebook page, sitting in what I suppose are the campaign offices with a bunch of Flake signs. The page labels him as one of Flake's "Great Volunteers". Either Flake can't manage his team or he is putting them up to it.

Neither of those options sits well with this voter.

FLAKE CAMPAIGN: FAIL

Anson said...

OH NO! A Flake volunteer is exposing the Jeff Smith hit piece for what it truly is. How dare you mislead us on Jeff Smith's lack of record as much as we mislead everyone else on Flake's record! You people are sleaze and slime balls and can't have our candy, or David Schweikert's candy either.

Jeremy, it's easy to point the finger at "Dirty Campaigns" but this flyer is the Flake equivalent of what Jeff Smith has been handing out to everyone. Oh, I forgot. We're allowed to have double standards for candidates because of the anti-incumbent sentiment this election cycle.