Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Common Sense Marches Toward Primary Victory - Bill Konopnicki




To the people who have graciously taken the time to chat with me, please know this: I have listened. I will continue to listen. And, make no mistake about it, I share your concerns.

The only way to start tackling our current problems and moving toward a brighter future for rural Arizona is to have a better balance at the Senate. I am running to be your State Senator and ask for the support of Republicans, Democrats and Undeclared voters alike. We need to examine all good ideas, regardless of source. Then we must debate these ideas honestly, openly and civilly.

The last few weeks of this primary race have been hectic and heated to say the least. I have been under
constant attack by my primary opponent and her associates. However that has not halted our motivation nor our march toward victory. I have been honored to receive key endorsements from around the state and nation, supporting my candidacy for State Senator LD-5. These endorsements are from a variety of citizens, law makers, candidates, commentators and organizations including our own Governor Jan Brewer and Sheriff Richard Mack.

During these last few weeks we have seen just how low the campaign season can reach. We've experienced first hand the desperation and underhanded tactics of campaigns, candidates and their operatives. Thankfully the voters both in our district and around Arizona have caught on to these individuals and their games and are no longer tolerating such behavior, take for example Constantine Querard's recent debacles or
Sylvia Allen's.

Our motivation and our march toward victory have not been halted or swayed. Just this past weekend I attended the rodeo parade and experienced an overwhelming show of support. I believe this is because we have continued to listen to the voters and our motivation and optimism couldn't be higher.

It is my firm belief that the voters of District 5 feel the same way. Whether they are commenting on our creative use of social media to our well-researched, common sense solutions, we are setting the bar for Arizona Senate candidates. We have been encouraging, interactive and engaged and we have every intention of remaining that way even after being elected as the next State Senator for District 5.

2010 is a critical election year in our nation and here in Arizona. Even more critical for our rural communities. Every race is important, and mine is no exception. The voters of the 5th district now have an opportunity to elect someone who will listen to and interact with them in an honest, open, decisive and cooperative manner. With me, they also have a tireless advocate who will help restore fiscal sanity, legislative balance and political transparency to our State Senate.

My incumbent opponent, Sylvia Allen, may be a nice person but she is clearly part of the problem in our Senate. Her voting record is one of complete acquiescence to those she follows out of district regardless of the big picture.

I know I serve my constituents, (”we the people”) not the any leadership (in either Party). I don't care about the source of an idea, as long as it’s a good one. Common sense defies my opponent’s attempts to demonize me and my supporters as anything but a common sense conservative voice for rural Arizona, one rural Arizona needs. In short, I “get” what the people of my district, the state and the nation have been saying for the past two years: “Enough is enough! Listen to us! Stop wasting our money! Do your job! Get government out of the way so our economy can grow! We need jobs, not empty rhetoric and legislation created merely for publicity.

Both locally and nationally, the Democratic Party has been hijacked by the Far Left…and their solutions only make existing problems worse. Even life-long Democrats and Independents now recognize this. In our own party there are rifts and we have seen some of the most radical campaigning ever this cycle in Arizona. One race at a time, we can stop the insanity and secure a better future for our kids and grandkids. We can only do so with common sense solutions. Our defeat of Sylvia Allen will be a step in the right direction.

I ask you during these final hours of the primary campaign to make sure you cast your vote, do all that you can to encourage your neighbors, friends and family to vote. We each have a stake in all of these races. None of us can do this alone. Your support is vital to the future of our district, state and nation.

Volunteers are the lifeblood of any successful campaign. Whether you are in my district or not, there are plenty of things you can do to help bring my message of good government, sustainable spending and jobs to the people of the Fifth District during these last few primary hours and beyond into the general election.

My goal in serving is to make life better for all Arizonans, especially, the citizens of District 5. This includes better education (both K-12 and higher education), health care, protecting our forests, keeping rural Arizona’s water safe and expanding rural economic development while at the same time keeping taxes low and providing necessary state services.

If you can afford it a contribution of any amount would be a huge help towards buying fliers, window signs, bumper stickers, radio and newspaper ads.
Click HERE toDONATE.

If you have more time than money these days, there is still plenty you can do.


Invite your friends and contacts to
join my campaign. Make Phone Calls into the district. Send Emails.

Write Letters to the Editor. There are dozens of
Arizona Media Outlets you can contact.

Follow me on Twitter.

Join our campaign Facebook Group. or Friend Me on Facebook

Visit our Websites and Social Networks to get the latest Updates on Breaking News from the campaign and share the news with your friends!

While serving rural Arizona in the State Legislature I Voted AGAINST - Cuts for Rural Health Care, Voted AGAINST - Cutting Community Colleges, Voted AGAINST Cuts to Public Schools, & Voted AGAINST Cuts to Public Safety. I am the only state Senate Candidate that has worked this hard or has a voting record this dedicated to helping rural Arizona. All the data is pointing to our victory but that can not come to fruition without you. So now I ask for your help. I ask for your continued support these crucial last hours. I ask you to elect
Bill Konopnicki as the next Arizona State Senator for District 5!

Stay tuned. Later on I'll be posting my schedule for tomorrow's primary. I'll be out shaking hands talking with the voters some more and visiting polling locations. Thank you once again for your confidence and support.

No comments: