Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Message from Rick Romley



A Message from Rick Romley

Hello. I would like to take a moment of your time and introduce myself to you.
I am Rick Romley and I am currently serving as your County Attorney. I was recently appointed by the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors on April 16, 2010 to fill the vacancy that was left when the previous county attorney resigned. Previous to my appointment,
I was honored to have served you as County Attorney from 1989 through 2004.

However, since I left, a great deal has changed.

This is an important office, and one that has a great deal of inherent power. Let’s face it, the ability to file lawsuits and to send people to prison is a profound responsibility. In this job, you can use that power for the greater good of our community, or you can use it in a less noble way.

I think we have seen, in recent years, too many games. Surely, we shouldn’t be filing lawsuits and using the power of the prosecutor against our political enemies. We should be using that power, and YOUR tax dollars, to go after the bad guys.

They are the ones who should be in our sights: Child predators. Drug dealers. Human traffickers. Gang members. Rapists. Murderers. They are bad people with bad intentions. They threaten our kids and our future.

In the next four years, I expect that we will indict nearly 200,000 of these truly dangerous criminals. And I never forget that for every crime that’s committed in this County, there is at least one victim. Often there are more.

And as I have always done, I will continue to make “Victims’ Rights” a cornerstone of this office.

That’s the job description I signed up for. That’s why you pay me to come to work every day.

Over the next few weeks, I will be asking you to allow me to continue serving you as County Attorney by re-electing me on August 24, 2010.

I want to use this wonderful office for the reasons it was intended -- to make our community, and your family, safer. I want to restore the trust, confidence and integrity to the Office of County Attorney that should never have been lost in the first place.

To find out more about my campaign, visit my website at
www.romleyforcountyattorney.com.

Thank you for letting me take a moment of your time.

Respectfully,

Rick Romley

Keep Connected

Paid For By © 2010 Romley for County Attorney 10267 E. Gold Dust Ave. Scottsdale, AZ 85258

No comments: