Monday, April 12, 2010

SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO WILL RUN FOR ARIZONA GOVERNOR - POLITICO MAFIOSO.COM











The title of this story is my opinion; Sheriff Arpaio has not made up his mind yet, we will all know by May 1st!





I spoke to Maricopa County Sheriff
JOE ARPAIO last Friday evening for over an hour. I had contacted Sheriff Joe to inform him of the passing of our dog Ginger last Monday (the Sheriff was very fond of her; every time I see Joe he always asks about our dog).

The discussion turned to politics. We spoke of the 2010 elections; who would win, what candidates were running, etc, etc.

Then I asked the Sheriff if he was considering a run for Governor as many media outlets & blogs have reported.



"Ava (his lovely wife) gave me the green light; she is encouraging me to run" said Arpaio.


Sheriff Joe told me that he was in the process of finding a 'professional signature gathering company' for getting
petition signatures , mostly because of the short amount of time he will have to get them.

"I have over $2 Million raised for my run for Sheriff in 2012". "I'm getting too old (77) to wait and this is my last chance" said Sheriff Arpaio about a run for the Governorship.



CLICK HERE TO SEE VIDEO!


Sheriff Arpaio told me that the only regret he has ever had in politics is, "That I should have run for Governor 8 years ago" (the 2002 Race that featured Matt Salmon & Janet Napolitano).


How much different would Arizona have been if he had run back in 2002?

I asked Sheriff Arpaio about the 'possible'

Federal Grand Jury & the Justice Department probe.

"I am not worried about that, there is nothing to any of it" said Arpaio.

Look for an announcement around May 1st.

If
Sheriff Arpaio gets in the race, he joins 4 existing candidates; Governor JAN BREWER, Treasurer DEAN MARTIN, Tucson Attorney JOHN MUNGER, and Businessman BUZ MILLS!

If you thought that Campaign 2010 was going to be crazy, just hold on tight! Things are going to get really interesting!

RELATED ARTICLES:

Political Insider: Arpaio mulling run for governor

Arpaio To Decide Political Future May 1






No comments: