Thursday, April 29, 2010

Complaint filed against Sen. Jack Harper over alleged Campaign Finance Violations

A Formal Written Complaint against State Senator JACK HARPER was filed with the Arizona Secretary of State & the Director of Maricopa County Elections on Tuesday April 27th.

The complaint was filed by Wickenburg City Councilman & LD-4 House Candidate
TIM ZOBEL.

Below is a copy of the complaint filed with the Arizona Secretary of State and the Director of Maricopa County Elections on 04/27/2010 and time and date stamped at 3:02p and 2:52p respectively.

HarpercomplaintSOS

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff,

That complaint was dismissed by the Secretary of State's Office. My committee was designated as "exploratory" from hours after the 2008 general election, until January this year. The law does not require the word "Exploratory" in the name of the committee. I did not violate the law and I will not be paying any fines.

Incidentally, I filed for the House of Representatives, today. I will be installing signs in Wickenburg tonight. My friend, Tim Zobel miscalculated in this attack. One of the candidates for State Senate in LD-4, made a serious error in siding with Mr. Zobel.

I hope you and I can still be friends. I look forward a resolution to this unfortunate posting.

State Senator Jack Harper

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tony GOPrano said...

Jack I did not file the complaint. I was passing on what one of our readers sent us.

If you have been vindicated by the Secretary of State's Office, then I will post that.

In fact, I will invite you to post whatever you want. I am sending you the invitation as I write this.

Unknown said...

I am my own worst enemy. I've even ADMITTED that I used Harper for Arizona as both an exploratory committee and campaign committee. Election law states that it's a no-no, but I can't afford to admit that I made a mistake. Because then I'd be liable for almost $30,000 in civil fines. Yikes. That even scares me, and I am just a Muppet!