Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Hampshire: Taxpayers Storm ‘Luxury Lavatory’ at State House By Patrick Hynes


April 15, 2009 by Patrick Hynes

Filed under State House


“About seventy woman and forty men” visited the Senate
President and Speaker of the House’s new taxpayer-funded “luxury lavatory” at the State House to relieve themselves all at once today, sources tell NowHampshire.com.

About 500 people showed up for the Concord “Taxpayer Tea Party.”

After protesting the federal government’s spending policies in Concord during the noon hour many of the taxpayers needed to relieve themselves. So Republican state Rep. Fran Wendelboe invited anyone who had to go to the third floor bathroom,
which cost the state $72,000 and is seen by many in New Hampshire as an unnecessary extravagance in the middle of an economic recession.

Sources on the ground tell NowHampshire.com three state troopers were called up to monitor the taxpayers even though they were well behaved. It’s unclear whether the troopers were called in at the behest of Speaker Terie Norelli or Senate President Sylvia Larson.

The fancy bathroom has become the source of controversy for leadership in both houses of the state legislature. Senate leadership says the new bathroom was necessary because of urine stains on the floor.

The bathroom has also become a national story. It was featured on the Fox News Channel last weekend.

4 comments:

The Murray's said...

I LOVE THIS!!! Hahhahahhahaha!! My husband and I attended the tea party in Manchester, NH yesterday. Great turn out (300-400), met some awesome people and had a great time! I must say, it was so refreshing talking to people who share the same frustrations as I. This is the beginning, not an end…. Don’t give up my friends, don’t give up!

I so Wish I could have used that bathroom! Although I don't think my ass would feel the same after sitting on such a FANCEY toilet! LOL

Live FREE OR DIE!!!!!

PS - glad I found this blog... I'll be checking often! :)

CM

Tony GOPrano said...

Thanks for your comments Paul & Cyprianna! One of our Bloggers is my great friend SHERIDAN FOLGER who is from New Hampshire. He will soon be posting video from some of the NH Tea Party's.

Sheridan Folger said...

The Manchester event actually had 3100 attendees

The Murray's said...

No way, really!?! We didn't get there till about 7:10 so most of them probably had already left..... That is GREAT! Just awesome! :)