Thursday, March 13, 2008

"John McCain Dances With NH Once Again, Promises another date" By The Mad Irishman

The Mad Irishman's Conservative Consortium

John McCain gave a fantastic Town Hall style meeting yesterday down in Exeter.

Here is a quote from John,

“The state of New Hampshire will be a battleground state. I intend
to be back and back and back. I need New Hampshire to win the presidency,” the
GOP presidential nominee-in-waiting told a friendly crowd of nearly 400 at the
Exeter Town Hall.


That about says it all doesn't it folks? I've heard the murmurs. Heard those talking about , well we won't be seeing much of McCain now that the general is on. Or the statement, well it used to be so much easier to have a talk with John, I doubt we will have that opportunity again.

I've been telling folks right along, sure it will pick up ...get crazy and busy. It may be a bit more difficult for all of the one on one time we are used to up here in the Granite State...but John McCain isn't going to change. John McCain has a great relationship with NH and it's voters...He likes us and we like him. John likes to visit us, and we are glad to accommodate.Several times throughout the day John remarked on the ongoing significance of our lovely lil state . . .after all he did refer to today's visit as the official launch of his nationwide general election campaign. Seems I recall him doing the same here back when he announced his initial run.

Yeah, we're pretty lucky 'round here.



Now I'm not saying this *Thank you* visit from John was all Clam Chowda' and fun. There were of course the lil' Jerks hangin' 'round. A group of protesters awaited McCain out front, waving signs and hollering Bush and McCain More Of The Same. I had to laugh. I couldn't even have a decent argument with any of these folks. Trust me I tried. LOL.

Ah, well . . .maybe if they took the time to go into the town hall and listen . . .or talk to John...they'd all know what we know . . .that John McCain is nothing like George Bush nor anyone else for that matter. Now, I'm not knocking George. Hell, I like George and am damned proud of him. I like his parents as well, nice folks and often stay right up the road from me. But we all know that things will be mighty different for our Country once John is where he belongs, in that big White House.

We all know he is the only candidate prepared to be commander-in-chief, we all know how he feels about earmarks and pork barrel spending, and John of course has a solid low-tax approach to the economy, including making the Bush tax cuts permanent.

John also stated “I will not mandate health care for every
American and I will not let the government run it.” Which I could not have been
happier to hear. I know, we've all known his health care position for a while .
. .


I just like hearing it out-loud every now and again.McCain Told some of the papers he plans on continuing to hold his town hall meeting right through the general election. That of course would make him the first one to do so. It makes sense as well. John is at his best when he is face to face with the voters, answering and asking questions.

No comments: