Thursday, June 07, 2007

Nathan Sproul supports Bruce Ash

It seems Nathan Sproul is quietly backing Bruce Ash to be our new National Committeeman to replace Randy Pullen. I received this email exchange from a source and thought it had some great intel on Bruce Ash. For those of you who get to vote, take a look at this:


From: Chris Dahm [mailto:dahmchris@yahoo.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 06, 2007 8:55 AM
To: nathan@sproulassociates.com
Subject: Need your opinion

Nathan,

As you know, the AZ GOP Exec. Comm. is meeting in Prescott on Saturday to vote for a new National Committeeman to replace Randy Pullen. We want to make sure that the candidate we choose shares my strong pro-life beliefs. I trust and value you opinion on the candidates. Which of the two do you think shares our pro-life and conservative values best?

Thanks.. look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Dahm

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Nathan Sproul wrote:
From: "Nathan Sproul"
To: "'Chris Dahm'"
Subject: RE: Need your opinion
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:31:12 -0700

Chris,

I think the choice for National Committeeman is, in my opinion, relatively obvious. I don’t know Bridwell, so he may be a perfectly good person. So, my endorsement of Bruce Ash is in no way anti-Bridwell.

However, I don’t think there are many people in Arizona that have the stature of Bruce Ash. You and I both share a deep conviction about respecting the sanctity of life. I know that you are as pro-life as me, so to answer your question, I know that Bruce Ash is pro-choice. I think Bridwell is pro-life. In my opinion, this is a position where pro-life vs. pro-choice really isn’t relevant. I supported Mike Hellon 100% against Randy Pullen even though Hellon was pro-choice. The National Committeeman never deals with the issue.

The National Committeeman’s main job is to be a face for the RNC within Arizona and to represent Arizona to the RNC. Right now, we desperately need someone who will help keep our Party unified. Bruce Ash really is the “big tent” Republican we need right now. I think Ash will seek to find common ground with everyone, moderates and conservatives, and that is crucial to winning elections. As much as I would like to win elections with just conservative voters, the numbers don’t work that way. We need all sides of the Party feeling like they have a voice. I think Ash brings those factions together.

It is obviously no secret that Pullen’s stock at the Republican National Committee has dropped dramatically in the past couple weeks since he launched his broadside on Bush/McCain/Kyl. Then, he went so far as to call our National Chairman “amnesty Mel” on the record to the Washington Times. I am convinced that Bruce will be a strong counter-balance to Randy Pullen at the Republican National Committee. Ultimately, I think Ash will even become the de facto AZGOP Chairman as everyone turns to him instead of Pullen. Thus, it would make Pullen even less relevant.

This is one of those times I wish I had a vote on the Executive Committee. If you share my thoughts with folks, please be careful who you send them to. Not everyone appreciates my perspective. Thanks…

I almost forgot, he is as big of a supporter of John McCain as you and me. With all the anti-McCain feelings down at the AZGOP right now, Bruce Ash would be a pro-McCain voice representing us from Arizona.

Nathan Sproul
Sproul & Associates
80 East Rio Salado Parkway, Suite 814
Tempe, Arizona 85281
480-303-7175

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 15:38:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: Chris Dahm
Subject: Fwd: RE: Need your opinion
To: Chris Dahm

Dear Friends,

I don't know either of the individuals running for National Committeemen. I am only forwarding the email below to a small group of folks to get thoughts and responses. Below is one perspective that I trust, please let me know if you agree or disagree. After reading the email below, I am leaning toward voting for Bruce Ash. Thoughts?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, that does it for me. Ash + Sproul = No on Ash.

Anonymous said...

bruce is pro life:
http://www.ashforarizona.com/
but it doesnt really matter because bridwell is not qualified for the position.

Tony GOPrano said...

The Arizona Daily Star ran an article on Mr. Ash the other day:

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/185874

The Republic also ran a story:

http://www.azcentral.com/blogs/index.php?blog=85&title=bruce_ash_likely_choice_as_gop_committee&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1&blogtype=Pluggedin

It's a done deal! Last Saturday in Prescott, the 8 member panel eliminated Don Goldwater, Ash's main competition. My sources tell me that Bruce Ash is in.

Friends of mine from Southern Arizona all tell me that Mr. Ash will make an excellent National Committeeman. Southern Arizona needs to be involved. Ash is certainly qualified for this position. Do a GOOGLE on Bruce Ash and find out for yourself.